Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A dream is a wish your heart makes...


For a long time, I have wished for my own personal laundromat. It takes me 14 hours to do all the loads for our family. It is terrible. I hate my front-loader Neptunes. They are slow, and they don't do such a great job of washing. The dryer works fine, but the washer leaves much to be desired.

When we built our house we had it plumbed and set up for 2 washers and 2 dryers. I was thinking just 2 regular sets. But then I experienced the tortuously slow cycle time of "energy efficient" washers. It makes me coo-coo.

When we were in the Redwoods 4 years ago, I went to a laundromat. I had not been to one since our very first 2 months being married. I was astounded that I could do so many loads so quickly! Not just doing a lot of loads at once, but only 28 minutes each load. My dream was born.
In our finished basement, my laundry room is going to have 2 sets of commercial Dexter machines. I am so exicted about this. It's a lot of money, but I figure it will give me a whole extra day every week, and that's priceless! We're just having to run some new electricity and re-route the wash drains, but other than that, we are all set for happy laundry days.

No comments: