Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A gift idea for the ladies

Some women get upset when they receive practical gifts. I am not one of those people.

I just finished a project here at the house today that made me think, "Wow, I should share this idea for those people who are looking for the perfect gift for that special lady in their lives."

When we finished the basement, we bought the Kohler Cimmaron toilet. It is pretty much uncloggable. I could go into details, but let's just say that in a bathroom shared by 2 teenage boys, the toilet has survived one year without any "issues."

But that is not the best feature of the toilet. The best feature is the seat that came with it. It is "quiet-close" which means it doesn't come slamming down. But better than that is it's easy removal feature.

Why would you want to remove a toilet seat? Have you ever fine-cleaned the toilet seat where it is bolted to the toilet? YUCK. Despite all efforts of toothbrush and toothpick, it never looked completely clean to me. That is, until this lovely toilet seat came into my life. You simply flip up the bolt covers and slide the whole entire seat off the toilet. I usually stick it in the shower (after wiping it off, of course) and hose it down while I simply wipe away any "remnants" of anything that might have been left at the seat/toilet junction. And then SNAP--you just click the seat back on.

Today when I was at Home Depot I walked by the toilet seat aisle. Normally, I don't stop; however, today something made me look. It had never crossed my mind that I could buy this magical seat for our other toilets, but today I knew that is exactly what I must do. For a minute, I thought, "I should just think about it. I can probably buy them online for less money." After all, I needed 3 of them. My handy Droid phone shopper application made quick work of that, and I decided that although I could save $6 overall by ordering online, I would just be spontaneous and buy them today.

The install was a snap--literally. At least, once I got the old ones off--I'll leave out the details.

So if you are wondering what would be an amazing, practical, useful, magical gift that any mom would appreciate--look no further. Just go to Home Depot. Seriously.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

uncloggable? Hmmm, when I am there in April, I'll have to work on that... I could clog a pit toilet.

Heather Thomas said...

I was just thinking about how impractical the bolts on toilet seats are for cleaning. I'm glad someone finally did some innovating.

nanadover said...

HHmmmm...we have two toilets in our home...and I clean one house with 3 toilets...and another house with 4 toilets. I think I should invest in the company! It sounds simply marvelous!Toilet seat bolts...YUCK!

Cari said...

EWWW I will have to look for that, anything in my house that is slam proof is good with 5 boys slamming them down all the time, and I am with you on the cleaning the bolts, YUCK!! Thank you for the hint, I will be heading to home depot. Mine apparently need replacing.