Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Crescent Rolls

A couple of weeks ago I catered (with my YW presidency) a fundraiser dinner for Girls Camp this summer. We sold 60 tickets and put on a fancy dinner at the church. I gave myself the job of making rolls. Not just any rolls, but big, beautiful crescent rolls. The kind of rolls you can't eat just one of. The dinner itself turned out great, but I think we got the most compliments on the rolls. I take no credit for it. The amazing Terese shared her recipe with me. I just follow the instructions.

Many of you have asked for the recipe, and so I'm posting it here. Enjoy!

Terese's Crescent Rolls
Makes 24
Bake @ 375 for 12 minutes

Mix and let stand for 15 minutes
2 1/4 c warm milk (warm in microwave) must be warm like a baby's bottle, but not hot.
2/3 c sugar
2 T yeast (If you double recipe do not double yeast)

Add and mix:
2 beaten eggs
2 T soft butter
2 t salt

Mix and add one cup at a time
6-7 cups of flour, until dough comes away from the sides of the bowl and clings to dough hook

Knead 5 minutes in the mixer. Put dough into a greased large bowl. Raise until double in size and then punch down. Raise again until double in size and then punch down. Remove dough from bowl and place on floured surface. Cut into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a large circle. Work on a floured surface and flour your rolling pin. Cut like a pizza into 8 triangles with a pizza cutter (for smaller rolls cut into 12 triangles); dough will be quite thin. Roll each triangle starting with the large end. Bend slightly to shape into a rescent. Make sure the end of the triangle is tucked under roll. Raise again for about 40 minutes. Bake on greased sheets at 375 for an about 12 minutes, until golden (not dark) brown. Let the rolls cool and then turn them over so that the bottoms don't get soggy; or place rolls on a rack to cool.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm going to try them - I'll let you know how they turn out. Thanks for posting the recipe!