Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hiking

Why haven't I written a blog post lately? Well, I've been busy. Zack and I have been taking advantage of the FINALLY warm-ish weather. We have driven many days to our favorite spot at Wahkeena Falls.

To get to Wahkeena Falls parking area takes a windy, slow drive. But if you take the freeway and park at Multnomah Falls with all those touristy suckers who don't know there are other spectacular waterfalls, you can take a trail and walk 1/2 mile to Wahkeena Falls. It's faster to park at Multnomah and walk to Wahkeena than to take the old Historic Highway directly there. Plus, you don't get carsick or have a headache when you get there.

Once at Wahkeena Falls, you can take a short .5 mile trail up to the bridge, and continue on for about 4 more miles if you want to hike up and across to the top of Multnomah Falls and back down to the car. Or you can skip the trail and just scramble up the rocks in the middle of the creek to get to the bridge. Zack and I did both this week. Only I fell pretty hard when we were climbing up the rocks, and my shin may never look the same. But it was worth it.

We pack a lunch and go sit on this bench to eat it.
I love Zachary. The days are ticking by too fast when he will start school this fall, so we have to enjoy every day until then.










No comments: