Friday, June 24, 2011

I am a winner!

So, if you have read my blog at all, you know that I am generally an unlucky person. When I buy something, I can pretty much plan on it being defective, missing parts or broken. Or the wrong color, or not what I ordered, etc. I know that everyone cannot have the same luck, or e-commerce would have become extinct years ago. My attitude about is all is that I am just surprised when something actually works out!

I do not remember ever having won anything. Like in a raffle or drawing or contest. Never. Ever. Even bingo I will sit there with like 4 ALMOST bingos on my card, and the one number I need will stay in the cage while everyone wins all around me.

But today my life changed. We are in Seattle for the Rock N Roll half-marathon tomorrow. We went to the expo to pick up our race bibs and man-shirts (which I will need to tailor when I get home). Brooks has a big circus cavalcade exhibit where they have games, prizes, do gait analysis on treadmills, and everyone gets a ticket with a barcode. Then you go get your barcode scanned at the prize table and find out what you won.

Everyone was getting a water bottle, knit hat, cheap bag or a lucky few got t-shirts. I handed over my ticket fully expecting to hear, "Congratulations on your new bandana." Instead, the ticket lady started jumping and shouting "You won free shoes! You won free shoes." I started laughing, totally thinking she was kidding. But she wasn't.

I went over and tried on several pairs of Brooks shoes at the expo store, and I just had to tell them which ones, and they ordered them and are shipping them to my house. Crazy!

Really? $120 shoes? Me?

I will believe it when they show up.


2 comments:

Katie said...

NICE! how fun! congrats!

nanadover said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Now, let's just hope and pray that they arrive in the style and color that you ordered....and not...men's size 13.5 extra wide, in a "lovely shade of mustard" or something!