Monday, August 8, 2011

When you lose your scoops


When I go on vacation, I take my cookie scoops with me. Unless I go to my mom's house, because I know that she has a great assortment of cookie scoops. But otherwise I take them with me because I love to make cookies. Whenever I can. I'm just that crazy. I'm pretty serious about my equipment.

We went to Bear Lake last week for Mark's family reunion. We stayed at the Laketown Lodge, which was an amazing and huge rental. I loved it there. We all had a blast and enjoyed all that the big, beautiful house had to offer.

It was a little crazy getting ready for it, because we went camping the weekend before, got home Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning at 6AM we were on the road for Utah. I was able to pack all of my cookie-making essentials--brown sugar, flour, sugar, cinnamon, oats, cream of tartar, chocolate chips, and my scoops.

I made cookies every night we were in Bear Lake. This was for about 50 people, so it was a lot of cookies. Snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies, monster cookies and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Each one needs its own size of scoop, you know.

Friday morning we had to check out of the lodge at 10AM. When you have 7 kids and all of their stuff it is a big job to make sure it all makes it back into the car. We checked and double-checked our room. I thought we had everything.

Then last night as I was ready to make our Sunday night cookies, I opened my drawer to get out the proper scoop and discovered I had left the scoops at the lodge. All of them!

I emailed the owner in a panic last night. Luckily the caretaker was there this morning and found my scoops and dropped them in the mail to me. And luckily the missionaries we had over for dinner tonight requested sugar cookies when I asked them what cookies they wanted. No scooping necessary.

No comments: