Saturday, June 9, 2012

Graduation day for Abram

Time flies.  My little Abram is now all grown up.

He has always been such a good boy.  Always helpful, always listens, always obedient, always a great student, always practiced his instrument, always loads the dishwasher, always tells me he loves me, always tells me I am right.

We will all miss him when he leaves for college at the end of the summer.

I dread graduations because they are soooooo long.  But this one was actually tolerable.  Only 90 minutes long, AND Abram was one of the speakers, so I checked my bad attitude at the door and actually enjoyed the night.

 Abram's friend Heidi had her graduation right before his, so Abram went to her graduation first, and then she came along with us to his graduation.  Crazy kids.

We found our seats quickly and waited for the program to start.  The kids filed in and Abram took his spot.  Then he did what EVERY child does--started looking for his parents in the audience.

He looked once...

He looked twice...

And then he found us.

And gave a salute so we knew that he knew exactly where he was sitting.

Abram gave such an excellent speech.  He ended with Winston Churchill's quote about the Battle of Britain, "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."  He did a perfect job of writing and delivering the speech.  He has no fear of public speaking.


 And then it was time to walk.
He waved to us,

And then hugged his awesome history teacher,
 And then hugged his awesome biology teacher,
and took his seat again,
 And then gave us the thumbs up.
 The program ended and everyone threw their caps in the air to celebrate.  Abram took off for the all-night party and we headed home.  It was 11PM and waaay past my bedtime.
Hooray for Abram!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you, Mom! Thank you for preparing me so well. I'll miss you, but I'm so excited to go.