Monday, January 14, 2013

Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies

This weekend I pulled out this old recipe from our Omaha days.  I hadn't made these cookies for years, and I had actually totally forgotten how much I love them.  I am not super crazy about butterscotch on its own, but with just a little bit in these cookies, it is just right.  I can't even remember where I got this recipe.  Likely it was on a bag of chocolate chips 20 years ago.

1 c butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c rolled oats
1 c chocolate chips (I always add a bit more)
1 c butterscotch chips

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter just until moistened. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Drop by tablespoonfuls on to lightly greased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

1 comment:

nanadover said...

I knew I just purchased that 25 lbs of oats for a reason! Thanks! I'm anxious to try these. Your recipes are always the best!