Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday Boys

Our birthday season got started last week. Joel starts us off April 30th with the family birthdays. Then we have one birthday a month through October, with 2 in June and August. They are all nicely spaced out, and away from the holidays.
Joel is 10, which is amazing. But what is even more amazing is that Abram is 15! I am the mother of a 15-year-old, and that makes me feel so old.
Joel wanted a Garfield cake. Random, I know. But that is what he requested. I was hoping the old Krispy Kreme donut cake would win, but it didn't, so I pulled out my cake decorating supplies and came up with a dang good Garfield, if I say so myself.
It tasted excellent, too. I usually do not like cake, but this one was pretty good.

Abram's birthday was Saturday, and Mark took the kids to see Star Trek. They loved it, but Zack said it was TOO SCARY FOR ME. I stayed home to bake a billion cookies, which I will blog about next. I do want to go see Star Trek, though. Abram then went to a dance on his birthday night, and I tagged along to chaperone and feed kids. It was a fun night.
Now we have a few weeks before Savanna's June birthday. She usually plans things out extremely well for me. Her birthday list is on my desk ready to go.

2 comments:

nanadover said...

Happy Birthday Dorroughs! It sounds like you spaced your birthdays out better then we did. We have 4 in Dec. and 5 in Aug. It get's pretty crazy!

Tanya Dow said...

I can't believe how grown up Abram looks!! And your cookies turned out super cute!