Monday, May 11, 2009

Cookie Time

Our stake hosted the youth dance this month, which was Saturday night. My cookies were requested for the refreshments, so I set my new record for number of cookies made in one day--somewhere around 300. I ended up with about 100 left over, but that was actually convenient because then I took them to church the next morning and had my Young Women make their moms a little goodie bag for mother's day--and it looked like I actually planned it.
I have never taken pictures of a baking marathon before, but I shot a few on Saturday to post here. The dance decor theme was Luau. Chocolate Chip cookies I couldn't make fit into the the theme, but I made them anyway. I was going to make sugar cookies with a hibiscus-shaped cookie cutter, but then I had a better idea--HULA DANCERS. I got my gingerbread girl cutter out and went to town. Aubrey made the grass skirts and I made the pink flower leis. I think they are the cutest sugar cookies I have ever made.

2 comments:

nanadover said...

I heard how cute the hula dancers were but couldn't envision it. So cute...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

loved seeing the cookie magic in action. wish there were 'scratch and sniff' available on blogs : ) Mmm! Loved the clever use of the ginger girl!