Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Marie Sharps


When we went to Belize, my husband fell in love with Marie Sharp...habanero pepper sauce. One of my favorite pictures from Belize is this one of Mark pushing a shopping cart full of about 50 bottles. What else do you bring home to remind you of La Isla Bonita? Seriously, we checked a whole suitcase full of it when we flew home. Mark puts it on nearly everything. Every restaurant in Belize had it on the table, and he was hooked.

I found a Caribbean shop here that sells it and I bought Mark a case of it yesterday. He is a happy guy. I have never smelled such a horrible stench as the inside of the store, but it was all worth it to see the happy look on Mark's face when he came home and saw Marie.

Now that I know where I can buy Marie Sharp's locally, next time we go to Belize we can pack our suitcases with souvenirs rather than hot sauce. Now I just need to figure out when we are going back. Do we take the kids? Do we leave them home? I really want them to see Belize, but traveling with 7 kids is slightly more work than just going alone. But if I have to make a schedule and meals for those same kids to stay home, and find someone to stay with them, that might be just as much work as lugging them around paradise with us. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

troutdalite said...

love the picture with mark in the "liquor" store! we've hauled foodstuffs before and other things (cactus and vanilla back from Mazatlan, family favorites to NH and UT) crazy! glad you found a place here!! Have a good time spring break!

nanadover said...

We've carried Tillamook cheese and homemade bread in our luggage before and found the little notes from airport security as they checked our luggage because of it. My sister has often packed a cooler full of food (with bungee cords wrapped around it) when she has to cater weddings, etc. out of town. She just checks it like luggage.
It would be interesting to hear what some of the weirdest things are that people pack in their luggage.