Thursday, March 18, 2010

Messy

I've spent the day in a whirlwind. First it was a 5-mile run; next, drop off Jakey at violin lessons; take Abram and Aubrey to school; pick up Jake from lesson; take elementary school kids to school; drop off Jake at his bus stop; take Excursion to the body shop to get repaired from the Superbowl incident; wait for rental car guy; come home to meet piano tuner. That was all before 9:30.

Then I got busy cleaning. I'm taking off with the 7 kids for spring break, and Mark will be home alone. Somebody has to pay the bills, right? Anyway, I figured he could at least have a clean house to keep him company while we are gone.

I also decided that Mark will likely want to eat while we are gone, so I baked his 2 favorite treats: banana bread and zucchini muffins. They are both premium, let me tell you. I will post recipes later.

The above picture is what the baked treats looked like sitting on the wire racks cooling. The picture below is what my kitchen sink looked like after I was done with my baking.

2 comments:

nanadover said...

My kitchen often resembles that when I finish baking. Wish there was some little "kitchen cleaning elf" to come take care of the mess....but the treats are sure yummy!

Jen said...

You are awesome and so full of enthusiasm and energy. Love ya!