Friday, March 11, 2011

Saggy no more

Let me start by saying I love Jacob. He is a good kid who luckily has a good sense of humor.

Sometimes if your mom warns you every day that your pants are sagging and they will disappear, you should listen to her.

I don't understand the fashion concept of the teenage boys and their jeans belted below the butt. It is just so disturbing to me. Sadly, Jacob doesn't share my fashion sense, and he thought it was cool to wear his pants saggy and low so that a mushroom of boxers showed. Momma doesn't like that. Not one bit.

I tried to warn this cute boy that something bad was going to happen to his favorite jeans if I saw his boxers again. I don't think he thought I was serious. And then yesterday I couldn't take it any more. So I told him to drop his pants on the floor, and I pulled out a pair of scissors. I'll never forget his face as I cut up the inseams of the pants.

When I make his jean blanket, I will make sure that this former pair of jeans is incorporated into it so we can always remember... and hopefully laugh about it.

At least he still has one pair of in-tact jeans. Hopefully he is a little more discreet about how he wears that pair.

5 comments:

Daya said...

Awesome11

Daya said...

Oops. The ones were supposed to be exclamation points but Riley broke my shift button so it doesn't always work. I guess I missed it.

nanadover said...

Hurray for Mom! I wish more moms would care enough to do something with their sons baggy pants! I have always thought that boxers were supposed to be under clothes...I guess I'm just old fashioned or something. :)

troutdalite said...

woohoo...mean moms unite! but (not pun intended) he is so dang cute : )

Melissa said...

Way to go Jill!