Sunday, July 3, 2011

I can scan!

We have thousands of photographs. Mark was slow to adapt to digital photography, and he has always taken a lot of pictures. Really, really good pictures. But I didn't ever have a great way to get them into a digital format.

About 3 weeks ago I finally ordered a good CanoScan scanner. I got all the photo books ready to scan, installed the software on my new laptop, and then plugged in the scanner.

Nothing happened.

I know. Can you believe it? I actually bought something that did not work! Luckily I had purchased from Amazon, and so I just had to email them that the scanner was non-functional and they sent me a new one. I hooked it up today and the magic has begun.

I am supposed to send some pictures of each of our family members over the years to my sister-in-law for a reunion photo book she is putting together. I have put off the project because I had no scanner. I spent this afternoon going through many books and bringing back some great memories. I should have a lot of posting to do in the next few weeks as the old photographs come to life through the magic of Canon.

The photo at the top is from 1997. The ladybug costume was amazing.


These three are of Aubrey, Jacob and Abram from my sister's wedding reception in 1999. Somehow Abram knew back then that he would be a piano player and be in the spotlight.

No comments: