Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A business deal

Noah is quite a business man.  When he got in the car after school today he pulled out $2 from his pocket.  The kids never take money to school, so I asked him where he got $2.  He very simply said, "Oh, I sold my snickerdoodle."

I knew that kids sometimes traded things at lunch, and that if the kids have one of my cookies to trade they can usually get anything they want.  But this was the first time (that I am aware of) that one of the kids actually SOLD a cookie to a classmate.

I told Noah that he has to give the kid his money back tomorrow.

But it makes me wonder if opening a bakery some day could be a profitable venture for me.  If a 5th grader would pay $2 for a snickerdoodle, what would an adult with a job pay for one?

1 comment:

nanadover said...

Jill, I sell cookies, breads, and anything else I feel like making each week. Mikel takes a tub full of my home made goods to work on Tues. and they are usually all gone by Thurs. His fellow employees would rather buy my home made stuff than put coins in a vending machine. I keep my prices really low so I only make a little over my actual costs, but people do enjoy a good home made treat! It's a win-win for me. I LOVE to bake, but we certainly don't need it all left here at home!