Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Flashback

Our computer in the kitchen rotates through pictures for the screen saver.  Yesterday, some pictures of Zachary caught my eye, and I was stunned at the change he had made in two years.

The first pictures were some of our family at the beach in 2010.  Zachary had just turned 4, and he was terrified of the ocean.  Really terrified.  Even walking on the sand near the water he wanted to hold my hand, and when I would pick him up and step out into the waves, even his toes would curl up in fear of the ocean.  He was not having a very fun time at the beach, that is for sure.  The rest of the kids were having a blast running out and playing in the freezing cold ocean.  Zack would not let go of me for anything.



I then saw pictures come up of Zachary in Belize last summer.  In Belize in 2011, Savanna taught him how to swim in the pool on the last day we were there, and then in 2012 in Belize, Zack was not afraid to swim in the pool or the ocean.  He spent all day in the water.

I love this picture of Zack snorkeling and holding a real live shark!  It is hard to believe he used to be such a scaredy-pants.
I also love this picture of Zack making an underwater heart with his hands.


No comments: