Monday, January 6, 2014

HAPPY New Year

Let's just say that 2013 was difficult. Too many sad things and way too many goodbyes.  I have been in a sort of funk recently. Things seem tough right now. And today I decided I need to start focusing on things that are awesome and fun, and hopefully the things that are worrying me right now will seem less ominous and impossible in the process.

So here we go.

Jacob has a new banjo and I love hearing him figure out a new instrument. It has a happy sound and Jacob is super talented.  

Savanna dressed up like a granny on Saturday night and did a very entertaining impromptu skit. 
Noah is my shooting buddy. I am so thankful to live on our property where we have a shooting range in the back. Noah is so cute. 
It's pretty fun and therapeutic to shoot.  We used the 22s this day and shot up the gingerbread house, and all the aging produce I could find in the fridge.  It was a spectacular mess.

I got to talk to Abram on Christmas. It had been almost 8 months since I had seen his cute face and heard his nerdy laugh. I love my missionary!


Zachary is an angel. Everything he does is cute and very artistic. He loves to have me read him Spanish children's books. 

Aubrey was home for 3 weeks, and we had so much fun with her.  I loved hearing Jacob and Aubrey playing the piano and singing together.

Joel makes everything interesting.  He was such a helper cutting down our big Christmas tree and getting it into the house.
 Aubrey learned how to make meringue mushrooms for our Buche de Noel.  She also became a wild and crazy knitter over her time at home with us.  It was pretty much a 3 week long party.
Savanna helped me roll up and decorate the Buche de Noel.
Lots of happy things to think about and remember.  My kids are pretty dang cool, and I love each of them forever.



No comments: