Thursday, April 24, 2008

I will miss.....

Today Savanna reminded me of something that I am going to miss when she goes to school. We usually watch Mr. Rogers every day. Savanna loves it, and doesn't like to miss it. Each day when we watch Mr. Rogers, as he comes through his front door onto the set Savanna shouts, "CHOOSE THE PURPLE SWEATER, MR. ROGERS!" She hasn't figured out yet that he always picks the sweater that is at the front of the closet where he hangs up his coat. But she still holds out hope until the last moment that he will search through that closet until he finds that purple sweater. About one in 20 times he actually does pick his purple sweater. But when he doesn't, then I hear, "DARN IT! THAT'S AN UGLY BLUE/WHITE/YELLOW/GREEN SWEATER. WHY DOESN'T HE PICK THE PURPLE ONE?" I just say, "Maybe tomorrow." And then Savanna is OK to watch the rest of the episode without another thought about Mr. Rogers lack of wardrobe savvy.

No comments: