Friday, April 18, 2008

Ready for School

I turned in Savanna's school papers today. She will be going to the same charter school as the boys. She is so excited. I suppose I am, too. But I will miss her terribly when she is in school this fall. She still has to get her shots (and actually turn 5) but other than shopping for her uniform attire, she is ready to go. She can hardly wait until September. I'm hoping for a long summer, though.
This girl is so funny. She has the most contagious giggle. She was laughing at something I said in the car, and her laugh made me laugh, and then she said, "Mom, that was so huh-wew-ee-ous!" She laughed some more, and I laughed so hard I almost cried. She is a great entertainer, and MAN can she dance!

When she is in school I will really miss her big, big voice following me around the house. She makes sure I get all my chores done, and she helps me with whatever I am doing. She is a great friend to Zack, and he totally adores her. Most mornings when I hear Zack awake in his room he has pulled all of Savanna's bedding onto the floor and is desperately trying to climb up on her bed. Once she finally wakes up, he gives the biggest smile and says, "Nana HUG!" And then they hug and wrestle around on the floor for a minute. Zack gets really excited when he and Savanna are BOTH wearing their Incredibles jammies.

Who doesn't love a beautiful, fashion-forward girl with sparkling eyes, a cute scratchy voice, an imagination like no other? We love Savanna.

No comments: