Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Prom Mom

Saturday was Prom night for the high school. I do not have a high schooler, but our very good friend Anna had organized a group of 12 people to go to the prom. She asked if they could have dinner here, and, of course, that was fine with me. It is fun to dust off my pewter finery for a fancy dinner every once in a while.

It was a fun evening. The girls came over to change into their dresses. I had made one dress about 3 inches shorter earlier in the day, and fixed the straps/sleeves on another. After they all got into their dresses, one girl noticed that her zipper would not stay up, so I had to sew a hook and eye onto the back of hers while she was wearing it. Also, another girl found that the neck strap of hers was way too long, so I sewed that up on her, too. Still another girl was feeling a little too much breeze down her back, so she needed a quick fix, also.
Then the boys showed up and the pictures began. The kids all had a good time posing in their fanciness for photos. And the girls had their fantasy of coming down the stairs in their prom dresses when the boys came, so that was good, too. Then they headed up to the school to have their "official" pics taken, and I quickly peeled the potoatoes and started setting the table. Dinner was fun, and then they sat around and played the piano and sang various songs for a while before heading off to the big dance.

It really doesn't seem that long ago that it was my big night for the prom. 19 years can go by oh, so fast! Of course, if I showed you my puffy sleeves and huge bow on the side of my dress, it would be quite obvious that it was nearly 20 years ago.

Anyway, I sent some pics of the group over to Walgreens to have for the girls at church Sunday, and when I went to pick them up, the lady told me they could not print them, because they were obviously copyrighted from a professional photographer. I had a good laugh, and signed a waiver that they were my images, and she printed them for me.

1 comment:

Megs said...

OMG that is so cute!! Tell Anna that she looked amazing for me. : )
Can you believe that it's almost time to do that with Abram???
Do you know when you're coming down here again? Can't wait to see you again.