Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Social Studies

Last week I went to Noah's conferences. His teacher told me that they had been studying ancient India, and that he was very amazed at how well Noah had been able to keep everything straight, including all of the crazy names of people and places. When I got home I had the following conversation with Noah.

Me: Noah, Mr. M told me that you had been studying ancient India. You know I love India! Why didn't you tell me about it?

Noah: Oh, you mean like about Buddha?

Me: Yeah. Did you learn about Siddhartha?

Noah: Of course. That was just Buddha's name as a young child. And we learned about the Ganges and the Indus rivers, too.

I was proud of my boy. He told me the whole story about the wicked young king and the kind monk who told him he should use his money for good things, and about Siddhartha's dream.

Now, just so you know the other side of things, and so I did not get too prideful, we had the following happen during a game of Apples to Apples the next day.

I don't remember what the word was, but Noah had put down "Cinco de Mayo" as his word. When it was not chosen, he said, "Awww. But Cinco de Mayo is a holiday......For the jewish people."

1 comment:

nanadover said...

Too cute! That one will cause a giggle in the family for years, I bet!