Wednesday, March 4, 2009

If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised....


So Sears never called me to re-schedule my dishwasher installation. I kept thinking they would call (it was supposed to be here last Friday). Finally today I called them. Here's how the convo went:

Me: Hi. My name is Jill, and I'm calling about my order #blah blah blah
Them: Yes, how can I help you?
Me: Well, last Tuesday I talked to you when my new dishwasher arrived damaged. The man I spoke with told the installation guys to go ahead and install it, and that he was ordering a new one which would arrive by the end of the week.
Them: That's not possible. Nobody would have told you that. They would have told the installation guys to immediately put it back on the truck and schedule a new delivery time. Whom did you speak with?
Me: I don't know. It was a guy.
Them: Didn't you write down his name?
Me: No. I didn't know Sears had incomptent pathological liars working in customer service promising people things that could never happen and then not making any notes in the computer. I didn't think to write down his name. Should I write down your name in case you are lying to me, also?
Them: We would never authorize installation of a damaged dishwasher. It should have been returned to us immediately.
Me: Well, that's not what he told me. He first asked me if it was the box was damaged (which it wasn't) and then asked me if I would accept the dented one if I was given a discount (which I declined) and then he told me that since it was Sears's mistake, he would authorize an install and also a re-install of the non-dented one when it arrived. He told me he was placing an order for a replacement immediately to be delivered by the end of the week.
Them: There is NOTHING in the computer staying that you talked to anyone. Why would we authorize the installation of a damaged dishwasher.
Me: Well, why don't you go back and listen to the tape. It was at about 6:00 pm last Tuesday. Go find it and listen to it. Why would I make something like this up?
Them: I will have to verify with the installation people that we really told you that. I'm not saying we didn't, but I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense.

And on and on. She finally got nicer, and said she was ordering a replacement and that I should expect a call from Sears in the next 24 hours to schedule the delivery of the new dishwasher. We'll see what happens. See, I wasn't kidding when I said that I have an uncanny ability to have things go wrong.

1 comment:

nanadover said...

Go get um Jill! Let's see how well "customer no service" services their customer this time! (I hope you wrote her name down!:):)
...we're still waiting for the new handles for our GE refrigerator the service man broke while fixing something under warranty...and it's only been 2 years! (Of course...there was no record, and the customer never tells the truth!) The funny thing is, our son-in-law is now working with the service man who broke our handle and didn't order the new one!
hehehehe. I should ask if he still remembers.