Monday, November 15, 2010

It's the Holiday Season


With the whoop-de-do and hickory dock
And don't forget to hang up your sock
'Cause just exactly at 12 o'clock
He'll be coming down the chimney, down.

Now I just have to decide if I like Bing Crosby's version or Andy Williams's version better. It's a toss-up.

I started listening to Christmas music this week. The dreary days and dark evenings have me in the mood for Christmas. We truly have an astounding collection of Christmas CDs. So much variety, yet somehow it's always the same bunch I turn to every year.

Bing Crosby
Andy Williams
The Carpenters
John Denver (so many options!)
Roger Whittaker
The Osmonds
Neil Diamond (Get over it. I like it anyway. Both albums. I'm thinking about buying his new one that came out last year, too.)
Dan Fogelberg
Frank Sinatra
Aaron Neville
Burl Ives
Julie Andrews

I could go on and on. It just makes me happy. I didn't even get started on instrumental albums or collection CDs.

And I don't think I'm short-changing Thanksgiving by starting the Christmas music early. I love Thanksgiving, too. I have out my Thanksgiving decorations, and we don't even think about Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. I love cooking the big dinner, making a billion pies, (making pies makes me happy) and having everyone over on Thanksgiving. Really, it is one of the most fun days of the year. Lots of cousins, lots of noise, and lots of love. But most of all, I love Thanksgiving evening...when we all sit around at watch Muppet Christmas Carol.

1 comment:

lizzie said...

Jill! No Johnny Mathis?!!? Well, he's my staple christmas music guy...along with Neil D.

And don't worry, I start listening to Christmas Music the day after halloween. Or sometimes in July, just depends. :)