Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Reminiscing


Searching for that old picture of the day I got my sewing machine has led me to a treasure trove of our old photo albums. I don't really have the best or most convenient set-up for scanning pictures, but I have to do it. There are some really great memories of moments gone by, and some good stories that need to be posted. Some are funny, and some just grab your heart and tear it out as you realize how quickly time has gone. It makes me more than ever want to live up to my mantra for this year:

Make every day count.

Seriously. Every day. Do something that makes a memory.

These pictures of Aubrey make me laugh and cry at the same time. I remember her fat cheeks, her huge eyes, and her unbelievable giggle. All rolled into a little package with an independent and feisty personality. She was, and still is amazing.

So now I need to just get cranking on scanning these excellent pictures and telling the stories that go with them.

Just wait until you hear about the day I got my serger!

The pictures, from the top are:
Halloween 1999
Spring 1998
Aubrey's 3rd birthday 1998. This was the day she woke up and said, "I'm 3 now. I don't wear diapers anymore." And sure enough, she never did again.
March 2010

2 comments:

nanadover said...

that first picture in the blue coat looks so much like Savanna.
Aubrey is certainly a beauty!

troutdalite said...

loving all these Jill. When Ian saw Pooh and I told him it was Abram...he blinked his eyes then opened them really big. It was so funny. Keep scanning and posting! While making every day count!