Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snow Day!


Today was the day I have been waiting for for many years. We have lived in our city for 12 years, and we have rarely had snow like we had today. It wasn't a great quantity, but it was real snow. We have had many snowstorms, but generally they come with high winds, which dries out the snow and blows it into drifts--never big, beautiful flakes that cover the trees and grass. I knew the air would warm up and melt away by mid-morning, so we went out at 6:30AM to enjoy the snow while it lasted. All the schools cancelled everything for a measly 3" of snow, which entirely melted away by 10AM, but boy, did we have fun!

I love snow. I love driving in the snow. I love watching it fall. I love playing in the snow. It was a happy day.








1 comment:

Amanda D said...

I am so glad to find someone else here that loves the snow! Today's was great too - perfect for snowballs and snowmen. We had such a great time playing in it. Glad you enjoyed it too!