Saturday, February 26, 2011

Star Wars Cookies


I bought this set of cookie cutters at Williams-Sonoma. Really, how could I NOT buy these cookie cutters? I just knew they would come in handy for some special occasion. And tonight was the night--the scout Blue/Gold/Red/Green dinner. The boys were each supposed to bring a decorated cake, but I thought, "Who likes cake in the first place?" And my second thought was "that's a lot of cake"... And so we decided to decorate cookies instead. One thing is for sure--everyone likes cookies. Especially sugar cookies. Especially Star Wars sugar cookies.

I used my trusty old recipe.

Four boys in scouts means our family would have taken four cakes to the dinner, and likely returned with 4 cakes, and as nobody in our family really likes to eat cake in the first place, we would have then thrown away four cakes. Any guesses on how many leftover cookies they brought home?

We also love the Williams-Sonoma kids cookie and cake decorator set. I gave it to Savanna for Christmas last year, and I admit I use it more than she does. It makes it easy for kids to decorate cookies. Really, who can manage one of those tricky icing bags without the icing coming out the back end and all over your hands? Not me. These little squeezy bottles are fantastic.
See how cute they turned out?

No comments: