Monday, April 25, 2011

Freedom trail pics

Yes, I love Paul Revere this much. He was one lucky son-of-a-gun. This picture was NOT taken on the day I fainted. I just loved this spot so much, that we had to walk back a second time the next day, which pictures I will post later.

Abram at the statue of Samuel Adams in front of Faneuil Hall. Without Samuel Adams brilliantly planning and organizing, our revolution could have never happened.

Paul Revere's house.
Abram at the Paul Revere statue.
Hungry Jill ready for a warm lunch in Quincy Market. We decided on Regina's Pizza.The boys between the North Market and Quincy Market.

Me at Faneuil Hall, where the Gilbert Stuart portrait of Henry Knox is located. Actually, it is a replica in there now, and the originally is in safe-keeping at the Museum of Fine Arts. But it is a beautiful portrait.
This is Abram imitating the Henry Knox portrait pose.
At Bunker Hill. Or was it Breed's Hill? At the Bunker Hill Monument either way. We climbed to the top.
Just to prove that Jacob did smile once or twice the whole time we were there. For a boy who cares nothing about history, he was a good sport tagging along with Abram and me.
Abram at Bunker Hill.
Abram hugging Bunker Hill. This is where Henry Knox got his big break. He was such a stalwart fighter here that he caught the attention of General Washington, and they became quite a team.
The boys at a random staute of a random former mayor of Boston. Who knows who he was? Who really cares?
Abram, Jacob and I walked the freedom trail in Boston. The whole thing. Up and back down and back to our hotel. I have no idea how many miles we walked that day, but I know it was at least 10. And it was 40 degrees and windy. I had told the boys to pack winter clothes, and all Jacob brought was a sweatshirt. You know, it is just not socially acceptable to be a teenager wearing a coat. Abram at least bundled up under his Red Sox sweatshirt and wore a hat and gloves. I was so glad I had packed my down coat. It was so miserably cold. We saw a group of Segways on a tour at Bunker Hill. That's the way to go. Ride a Segway the whole freedom trail. Maybe next time. At least all that walking kept us warm.

No comments: