Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Girls Weekend in St. George

This is the weekend I look forward to all year long.  Lots of laughing, lots of good food, and such fun girls to share it all with.

I flew to SLC a day early, and after a day full of visits (my parents, grandparents, Abram, brothers and sisters, nieces and nephew),  I headed down to St. George for the party.  We basically spent the whole time sewing.  Usually the ladies craft and I bake.  But this time they were sewing, which is totally my kind of a craft, so I joined in.  I only made one batch of cookies and one pie the whole time we were there!
The girls gang for 2012.
 This year's project was Christmas aprons.  Before I left town, I found the most amazing fabric at Joann's with little nativity matryoshka dolls on it, and so we took a trip to Joann's there to find the same fabric for everyone else.
 We found the same fabric....and lots of other very cute Christmas prints.  We all got busy sewing!
 You can see how excited I was to be turning and pressing the ties for another apron...  Not my best expression, but doesn't Betsy look so cute keeping me company?
I brought home this cute apron, and fabric to make a few more.
I didn't sleep much that weekend.  It is so hard to go to bed when  you are afraid you are going to miss something exciting.  It's even hard to go take a shower when there is so much fun going on.

I returned home to find a clean house, and lots of people who missed me.  It's nice to know they can survive without me for a while, but also nice to know that they miss me.

Can't wait for next year.

No comments: