Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Little Red Hen

A favorite story of our family is The Little Red Hen.  I have read that story to the kids at least 1000 times.  Sometimes when I am feeling crazy, I will read La Gallinita Rosa to mix it up a little.  We have tried to teach the kids the value of hard work and that if you just sit on your butt while everyone else works hard, you will pay the consequence in the end.

Perhaps I have taken this a little too far.  On Sunday I said, "Who will help me grind the wheat?"  I expected the kids to roll their eyes, or to say, "Not I." But instead the kids all said, "I will help you grind the wheat!"

And so a small project became a big project, but they helped me grind some wheat.  They still can't get over the fact that wheat becomes flour.  It is magic to them.  I am glad that Mark got his camera to document the exciting event.







And then my Z buddy got out the broom to clean up the floor.  He knows the end of the story.