Saturday, February 25, 2012

Music to my ears

I never thought that Aubrey would like any of the same music I like. But all of that has changed recently. She has decided that the music I love from the 60s and early 70s is pretty dang awesome. One year ago she would have a fit if I tried to listen to John Denver or Simon and Garfunkel. Now sometimes I will walk by her room and hear the aforementioned or The Everly Brothers or something else awesome playing on her sound dock. I must say that her affinity for John Denver does make my day.

Aubrey got a guitar for Christmas, and I introduced her to some of the awesome folk songs that are not too hard on the guitar. I also finally uncovered my John Denver piano and guitar book for her to enjoy.

A few weeks ago she asked me to order a guitar strap for her. She wanted a plain black one but the only one I could find in the material she wanted had the very traditional woven pattern on it. But it had a black background so I gave it a try. When it arrived Aubrey opened the package and wasn't sure about it at first. She said she had to go put it on the guitar to see. I thought it was a no go. But about 2 minutes later Aubs walked into the kitchen with the guitar strapped on and her eyes were sparkling. She asked me how I liked it and I told her it looked awesome and like something John Denver would have used. She said, "That's what I was thinking! I LOVE IT!"

Music to my ears.

1 comment:

nanadover said...

Aaahhhh...music to my ears also!
Good call on the guitar strap Jill. There is nothing like the John Denver look!