Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Test day

I love taking tests.  I absolutely love taking tests.  From my earliest memories of elementary school of taking the SAT every year, I have totally loved testing.  Filling in circles with a #2 pencils makes me happy.  Multiple choice is very exciting for me, topped only by writing essays.

Yes, I am a freak.

Tomorrow I get to go take some tests!  For my Oregon teaching license to be valid, I have to go take a test to prove that I understand how to "protect the civil rights of students."  50 multiple choice questions.

Next up is the basic skills test.  I took the PPST when I graduated from college 19 years ago and got my teaching license initially.  But I didn't keep my paper score, and they don't keep records dating back into the last century, so I have to re-take it.

I am really excited about the writing and reading sections.  The math one is hopefully not going to be too bad... Even though basic algebra and geometry were decades ago, I hope that my time spent helping kids with their homework over these past few years will bring those much-used math formulas from the deep corners of my brain tomorrow.

After all, who can forget y=mx+b, or that the area of a sphere is 4/3*πr3, or that the area of a trapezoid is (A+B)*h/2.  Hopefully my brain will spit those out for me tomorrow if necessary.

Wish me luck!

No comments: