Friday, August 31, 2012

19 years later

I last took a math class in 1990 at BYU. My last college class was the summer of 1993. I took the Praxis exam to get my teaching license just before I graduated, and while I still had all that useful information in my head.

19 years later, and with no review, I managed to score 93 on all 3 sections! I am not bragging; I am just astounded at how much my brain was able to remember--especially of math! I missed 3 math questions: one a probability and two stupid ones where you have to find a pattern and guess the next number.

Most importantly, I passed the civil rights test. You can be assured that if I end up in your kid's classroom I have proven that I know how to be sensitive to any issue regarding race, gender, religious, or disability that comes my way.

No comments: