Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fashion forward

I bought these Sorel sandals this week at the Columbia Employee Store.

They were pushing my comfort zone a little bit--slightly too trendy for an oldie like me.  I found them strangely attractive, and I couldn't put them down.  I tried them on, and as soon as I laced them up, I knew I had to have them.  Seriously, they are the most comfortable sandals (or shoes) I have ever worn.  Plus, I had picked up $80 I wasn't expecting with a last-minute half-day sub job that morning, so I rationalized that it was meant to be.

I texted Aubrey a picture of the sandals on my feet and asked, "Should I?"  She texted back YES!  So I listened to my fashion conscience and made the purchase.

I am a total shoe snob, and will pay top dollar for one pair of shoes that is actually comfortable rather than a closet full of cheap shoes that hurt my feet.  These shoes are heaven for my feet.

I wore them to teach math yesterday.  I had at least 30 high school girls tell me that they loved my sandals.  I asked them if I was too old to wear them, and they told me I would never look too old for anything.  Sweeties.  Kiss-ups.  But I'll take it.

1 comment:

kristy said...

These are so cute! Can't wait to see you wearing them.