Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Prom

Aubrey went to her senior prom last weekend, and it was a pretty fun day getting ready for it.  First, I went and ran a 10k with some teacher friends.  I beat them all!  And then we went to Starbucks and sat for 90 minutes talking about school and life.  Heads up, kids.  You aren't the only ones ready for the school year to be over!

I arrived home just as the excitement was beginning.  My niece came by to do Aubrey's hair, and the other 3 girls going in the prom group arrived to start getting fancied up for their big night.

The boys came and we had dinner at our house and took some pictures.  Then the kids went off to the prom and then went bowling in their fanciness.
 Aubrey's dress was pretty dang awesome.  She got it for free at a big used-dress giveaway at a local mall.  There were 5000 dresses, and she picked a red, floor-length strapless number that she knew we could fix up.  At first I was like, "Aubrey, why did you pick a red dress?  We can never match the fabric to fix it up."  Then I remembered that Aubrey never matches.  She picked out some leopard print fabric and drew a design that she wanted.  I think it turned out pretty dang awesome.







No comments: