Thursday, May 2, 2013

Life goes on


Watching Abram walk away with his suitcases was just as hard as I had imagined.  The part that was almost unbearable was seeing Savanna and Zack so sad that their best friend was leaving.

I kept Savvy and Z home with me yesterday.  We had not slept much, and then we had to leave here at 4:30 AM to get Abram to the airport.  Add that to all the emotions and tears, and I decided it was a good day to go hiking.

Zack taught us all about the wildflowers we saw.  He taught me how to tell the difference between a baby Trillium, kid Trillium and grown-up Trillium flower.  His favorite wildflower is the Bleeding Heart, because it is "so pretty."  He also warned us that he could smell bears on the trail.  I asked him how he knew that.  "Because I can smell them." I asked what bears smelled like.  He said, "They smell exactly like dogs, only dirtier."  There you go.  Not one minute later, a lady passed us on the trial with a really dirty dog!

We all got a good sleep last night, and today has been a lot easier on all of us.  We are now used to Abram being gone again, and we can't wait to start hearing from him about his exciting adventures.

1 comment:

nanadover said...

Each letter or email will be exciting! This is a wonderful time for your family! Enjoy!