Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Camping with cousin Sarah

We had a lot of fun this weekend. Four of Mark's brothers came from out of town to surprise their dad for his 70th birthday. The weekend kicked off with a camping trip on Friday night. Mark took 6 of our kids, and Jon took his daughter Sarah. It was a beautiful day on the Columbia River where they stayed. Lots of fun, rain, dirt, grass, and craziness. It was Savanna's first camping trip, and she was very excited. It was so funny watching her pack. She is a pack-rat. 100%. Each time I came through the kitchen I would see more and more random things shoved into her bag. Aubrey slept in a tent with Savanna, and she said she spent all night with Savanna going, "Aubrey, help me get all these stuffed animals out of my sleeping bag." They would pull out the animals, and then Savanna would say, "Aubrey, I need all the stuffed animals in my bag." Back in, back out, back in. I didn't realize she had packed so many until I was UNpacking her bag. There were 12 stuffed animals!

No comments: