Thursday, May 29, 2008

Play Time

I bought this book several years ago. It is Savanna's all-time favorite book. It is full of easy crafts and adventures. Written for a parent, but the pages are easy for a child to look through and see what looks like fun. I love that each activity explains from a child's perspective what a child will be experiencing, feeling, wondering, or seeing from each activity. Also little hints with each activity about what you can say and do to help your child feel more special, powerful, smart, creative, helpful and loved by you. I loved the helpful tip "When an adult goes for a walk, it is usually for the purpose of getting somewhere. When a child goes for a walk, it is to explore. Children have very little interest in walking just to get somewhere." How many times am I walking full-speed with my daddy-longlegs and just want my little buddies to keep up with me. They just want to see and explore.

Today our playtime was making a wig out of a paper bag, a magic cap out of black paper, and 2 paper cups tied together with string.

My friend last night told me about this book below. I'm ordering it today.

No comments: