Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'll tell you the story of Jimmy Jet--


And you know what I tell you is true.
He loved to watch his TV set
Almost as much as you....
He watched till his eyes were frozen wide.
And his bottom turned into a chair.
And his chin turned into a tuning dial.
And antennae grew out of his hair.

That is part of a poem from Where the Sidewalk Ends. It perfectly describes the scene at our house this weekend.

Our TV arrived Friday afternoon in perfect condition. Mark's dad kindly came and installed an outlet behind the TV on the wall so I don't see wires coming down from the TV. We hooked it all up, and it was beautiful. Except Mark was on a boy scout backpack trip and wasn't here to see it. I thought it would be best if we waited for the Blu-ray experience until Mark got home so he could see it with us for the first time, and see the kids's reaction to it.

So Friday night I told the kids we could watch a regular DVD on the big screen, but we would have to save the Netflix Blu-Rays until Mark got home Saturday. I asked which one they wanted to watch. Of all the dozens of DVDs we have, they picked School House Rock. I love my kids. We watched the top 10, and then Jimmy Neutron Rescue Jet Fusion, and went to bed.

Mark came home, and we watched Planet Earth for a while. I have never seen high definition, and I was stunned. It was so incredible. Joel kept saying it looked fake it was so real. Really, really amazing. We watched our 3 Netflix movies all in a row--Waterhorse, Spiderman, and I Am Legend. Wow! I loved I Am Legend. Great story. Mostly I loved every piece of furniture in his house. Now we will mail the movies back tomorrow and get 3 more Wednesday.

My favorite part of this whole thing was when the delivery driver came up to the door and asked me if my mom or dad was home. I told him I was the mom, and he was very embarrased. I was beginning to think I was looking older these days. People are starting to guess I'm 25-27, which is up from the guess of 21 I was stuck at for about a decade. I'll be 36 in just 2 months!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we love Shel Silverstein, School House Rock, and Planet Earth. Glad you got your new TV...and it came all in one, undamaged, piece. Congrats for being a 21 year old mom of 7!