Sunday, June 22, 2008

Savanna is 5!


We had a fun birthday for Savanna a couple of weeks ago. I'm slow at getting pictures off of the memory card, but I finally got around to it. She was very excited to get a new big girl pink backpack for school (and for packing full of random little things she finds around the house).

Savanna is so much fun to have around. She is such a good singer and dancer it freaks me out sometimes. She's got the moves.

Her newest skill is hula. She picked up a hula hoop on Thursday, and at first she would sort of just drop it and shake her booty in the middle of the circle while it fell to the ground. Within 10 minutes she had it figured out. She can now just stand there forever doing her perfect little wiggle and keep the hula hoop going for minutes at a time. It is so cute! She also likes to walk around the patio while doing the hula. I am amazed. We watched Mr. Rogers do a hula hoop several weeks ago. I was sure that if he could do it, I could, too. Sadly, Mr. Rogers is a much better hula-hooper than I am. When physical dexterity is involved, you can pretty much just count me out.

No comments: