Friday, February 20, 2009

Committed


I have committed to a dishwasher. It will be here Tuesday, and I'm excited to give it a try. It can't be worse than what I've been fighting for 7 years.

I decided on the Kenmore Elite. Based on family and friend recommendations, and also Consumer Reports, it appears that this machine will actually wash AND dry my dishes. The Bosch was a close 2nd, but its capacity is smaller than what I'm used to and need. It looks tiny inside compared to my old KitchenAid.

I came super close to buying the commercial dishwasher. However, my brother-in-law Mike came to the rescue by giving me some valuable info. He knows someone who actually has one in his house. This person says that the commercial machine does not clean pots and pans, but it is made mainly for quickly cleaning and sanitizing plates and glasses so they can be used again. But it doesn't clean off baked-on or dried-up food. Thanks for saving me lots of money, Mike and Shanna!

In the meantime, I'm catering a dinner at the church tonight for 60 people--with no dishwasher! Dessert, roast beef, gravy, veggies, rolls--it's going to be a messy situation. Thank goodness someone else is doing mashed potatoes and salad. I'd better get busy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

OK Jill, I should sleep instead of reading! You'll have to delete the comment I tried to edit : )

I said I always knew you were amazing, but with cleaning, cutting and catering...you're superhuman!

What a delicious dinner. And Aubrey was so talented on the harp. It was a great evening!

nanadover said...

The dinner was great! Thanks for a wonderful evening! And tell Aubrey that she plays the harp like an angel!
Good luck with the dishwasher! May it be the best investment ever!!!!