Friday, February 27, 2009

Take THAT, Energy Star!!


Can I just start by telling you how much I love my new dishwasher? I had forgotten what clean dishes actually should look like when they come out of a dishwasher. I gave the new Kenmore a test today with a baking dish crusted in dried, baked-on cinnamon roll goo, and my stockpot with no-bake cookie remainders dried onto the inside. Guess what? The dish and the pot are clean--and so are all the other dishes that were in the dishwasher! It seems like such a silly thing to be excited about, a dishwasher washing dishes, but I really do a happy dance with each item I pull out as I marvel at its sparkly surface.

I was still a little disappointed at the cycle time of the Kenmore. But thanks to Energy Star, there isn't a dishwasher on the market with anything shorter than about a 120 minute cycle time. As all the cycles and options on the Kenmore are a little overwhelming, I decided to read the manual. I came across a section called "One Hour Wash." Hmmmmm.

Basically it says that due to Energy Star regulations, a wash cycle will take anywhere from 2-3 hours on Normal, SmartWash or Pots and Pans. However, if you are limited on time, and don't mind using more water and energy, you can use the One Hour Wash cycle. Sounds good to me. So the last 3 times I have run the dirtiest, most baked-on dishes I could find on the one-hour wash, and they are just as clean as they were in the 2-3 hour cycles. And now I know I have found the perfect dishwasher.

4 comments:

nanadover said...

Sounds like the perfect match for a big family! Wish we had one when all our kids were home. Oh well! Enjoy!!!

Batman Forever said...

Jill, you decorated! I like it. Way to cute up your blog.

Shanna said...

Hey Jill! It's sounds like you found a great dishwasher. I'll have to tell Mike. It's fun to hear about your family adventures--I enjoy your blog! We look forward to seeing you guys this summer!

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.