Sunday, July 19, 2009

June Birthdays

We had 2 birthdays last month. Savanna turned six on the sixth, and Noah turned eight on the 22nd.
Savanna always has a party planned for every day of her life, and her birthday was no different. She requested a butterfly cake, even though I tried really hard to talk her into choosing the Krispy Kreme cake. I made a very beautiful butterfly cake, which she then re-decorated with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs toys. Random. But so Savanna. We were going to go see a movie, but she asked if we could just stay home and watch Animaniacs instead. Mark and I were painting our bedroom that weekend, and we were happy to grant her request so that we could finish the painting project. We went to Red Robin for dinner, and it was a perfect day.
Savanna is such a sweet and independent girl. Very stubborn and determined, but very fun, creative and loving at the same time. We love our girl.

Noah's birthday was the day after we got home from Utah. He wanted a Rhino cake--Rhino the hamster from Bolt. Noah is Rhino. Crazy, wild, hyper, funny, fearless, and so super cute. He even has the exact dentition as Rhino. I made a really great Rhino cake, and then at candle time, I remembered that our candles were gone. Oops. As a last-minute substitution, I stuck 8 matches in the cake and lit them. I probably won't do that again. Noah is the happiest, spunkiest, most coordinated, strongest, cutest 8-year-old boy I know. He makes every moment fun.

No comments: