Thursday, July 23, 2009

So many helpers

One of Mark's favorite sayings is, "Many hands make a large job small." This is true for the most part. However, if making cookies is the job at hand, I would actually say, "Many hands make a small job almost impossible." But I love having the kids around--I really do. I will be sad when school starts up again. We have a lot of fun together. And I will savor these years that they think I am cool and they want to hang out with me. I know it won't always be that way.

Mark snapped the above pictures while I was making cookies a couple of Sundays ago. It was the day after I returned from girls camp, and we were packing up Abram's stuff to leave the next morning on the high adventure. The kids had gone through cookie withdrawals that week, and so I was attempting to make some double chocolate chip cookies for them. If you look closely in the picture of me, you will see that all 7 kids are RIGHT there within 3 feet of me. That's pretty much what my day looks like. I go on with my things I need to do, and some of them, usually not all of them, follow me around to help or to just keep me company. I have really great kids. They even sing with me. Just don't tell their friends.

3 comments:

Batman Forever said...

My kids don't follow me around and sing with me. So jealous, although they always come around when I make cookies, and I don't like that. It stresses me out.

nanadover said...

Oh the memories! All the kids in the kitchen at once with fingers stuck in the cookie dough while my back was turned!
But Jill...this picture does my heart good!
I always imagine you...(with your apron on)...with an immaculate kitchen WHILE baking! Now I know you are human after all, and the box of granola bars does sit on the counter, and I bet flour poofs out the top of your kitchenaid bowl if you add it too fast too!
I feel better about myself now!:):)
Maybe I'll go bake some double chocolate cookies! Mmmmmmmmmm

nanadover said...

Ah ha! I found it! I looked back at your May 11th post....and there IS flour poofed on your kitchenaid!:):)
(now the next question....do you have fingerprints on your sliding glass door)Hhmmmmmm

Don't worry...they never outgrow it! They just become your grandkids fingerprints, and more precious!