Saturday, July 18, 2009

The photo shoot

Mark's brother Josh http://joshuagenephotography.com/ is amazing. He is nice and funny and cute and sweet. I have loved Josh from the minute I met him more than 17 years ago.

And he is a phenomenal photographer. His wedding photos are stunning.

The day after the marathon, Josh and Kristy fed us a delicious breakfast. And then Josh had the idea to shoot pictures of us with our medals. Well, this was very nice of him and all, but I hadn't taken a shower, or even brushed my hair. I had rolled out of bed and put a hat on for our drive back home. I didn't know I needed to be cute.

You see in the pictures that everyone else is wearing their race t-shirts. I put mine on for about 3 seconds that morning, looked in the mirror and ripped it off. I was disappointed by the boxy, mannish cut of the shirt. It's nothing I can't handle with my sewing machine--I will take about 4 inches off of the sleeves and the body in about 6 inches. I will make it cute and then I will wear it. After all, I worked very hard for it. Had I known that we were going to have a group picture taken, I would have worn the shirt temporarily for the photo-op. Details.

Thank you, Josh and Kristy. The pictures are great. We can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

Jake and AbramMy little sis Nancy and me. She ran the full marathon. That's why she has the cool green ribbon.
Jacob

Bed-head-no-race-t-shirt Jill.
Abram
My foxy 40-year-old husband. Boy, can he run fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so fun! what an awesome fam!

Megs said...

I love how Nancy is about a foot taller than the rest of you. :-)
Lookin foxy yourself there, sis.