Saturday, November 12, 2011

A busy week

I abandoned my husband and kids last weekend for a trip to Utah.  I spent last Wednesday with my mom, and met up with some old friends for dinner.  Then Thursday I went to the annual Bradley Girls Party in St. George.  I spent the weekend knitting, baking, laughing and having a great time with my favorite ladies in the world.  Then Sunday night I spent with my family celebrating my dad's 65th birthday.  It was very fun, because a couple of years ago we never thought he would have a 65th birthday.

Then I came home and played catch-up for all the things I had slacked on.  Laundry and cleaning were first.  And then it was time to sew.  Last month I offered to sew a dress for someone in our ward who will be sealed in the temple tomorrow.  I got distracted sewing all the Halloween costumes, and didn't get a chance to really sew her dress until this week.   I finished it up last night, and luckily all the kids were home from school today so our house could get a deep cleaning.  I told the kids we could go to PicoBerry when the house was clean, and they all pitched in and did whatever I said.  We're all shiny now and ready for a big party at our house tomorrow night.

I got a few projects done today that have been waiting for a while.  I have long had framed portraits of Abraham Lincoln and George Washington hanging in a hallway.  About a year ago I bought portraits of 6 more founding fathers to hang in the basement.  I framed them all, and then they sat there because I dreaded the project of getting 6 things to  hang all perfectly in a row.  But today I did it, and it looks awesome.
When I was in Utah with my mom, I took my first trip to Pier 1 Imports.  I never had been there before, although there is one only 4 miles from my house.   I found so many treasures!   I found this cute owl for my kitchen wall.

And I found this set of 3 owl prints for the wall above my piano.  It's exactly what I needed.
We have lived in our house for almost 10 years and the walls are all painted beautiful colors, but I have never hung anything up.  I was waiting to find just the right things, and Zachary hated shopping so I didn't get too much of a chance to go out looking for just the right things before he was in school.  Maybe I will get crazy and make some curtains or throw pillows here soon.

No comments: