Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"It's time to play the music."

It's time to light the lights....

I am so glad I went to see The Muppets in theaters!  Wow, wow, wow.

Sure, I'm a muppet fan.  Or at least I was until Muppets From Space--hated it and haven't liked anything since then.  But Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island, along with the classic Muppet movies are some of our families favorites of all-time.  But thanks to dumb old Muppets From Space, we almost waited for this new movie to come out on blu-ray before watching it.  That would have been a tragedy.

Fortunately, the theater near our house was not showing Hugo this weekend, which we had planned to see today.  They have 3 theaters devoted to Twilight  ***shiver***, so there wasn't room for all the weekend opening movies.

The Muppets was absolutely fantastic.  Fun songs, hilarious random lines, a sweet story, and just a happy, fun movie.  We were laughing out loud--all 9 of us--more times than I can count.  And I have the songs stuck in my head.   To me, you know it was a good movie when several catchy new songs are stuck in your head. I loved the songs so much that I came home and ordered the soundtrack from Amazon.

"Everything is great, everything is grand. I got the whole wide world in the palm of my hand."

"Am I a man, or am I a muppet?  If I'm a muppet, I'm a very manly muppet.  Am I a muppet or am I a man?  If I'm a man that makes me a muppet of a man."

I can't even begin to tell you how much every one of us loved this movie.  That's a lot of kids a lot of different ages who all truly enjoyed the same movie.

18 thumbs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up!  Go see it!

No comments: