Monday, November 14, 2011

Surgery tomorrow


Joel is finally going to have the surgery that had to be postponed last May.  He will have the Nuss Bar procedure to fix his Pectus Excavatum.  It is minimally invasive, but very painful to recover from.  He'll be in the hospital for 5 days, which means I will be there as well.  It is a good thing we have so many responsible older kids to take care of things and drive everyone around while I am with Joel.

Here's a video if you are curious about what his surgery will be like.

I really have no idea what we are in for.  I have been told that the pain is more than you would imagine.  Hopefully Joel handles it well.  The good news is that the results will be instant and he will have a normal chest when the surgery is over.  Here's a "before" shot that Mark took tonight.  I'll post an "after" shot when Joel is up for it.


No comments: