Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Facebook

My computers are 5 years old. I have been trying to get facebook to work since October. I was somehow able to create a basic profile, but any time I tried to confirm a friend or post a photo, it would cause the computer to freeze up. And I was never able to see the actual real facebook screen--just basic words and boxes with a red x inside. I gave it up.

And then over the past few weeks, I got a lot of friend requests. I tried and tried to confirm, but I couldn't. I was so worried that people would think I was blowing them off. I'm pretty computer savvy, but I couldn't make it work.

Yesterday at my in-laws house, my father-in-law was on facebook and so I bumped him out of his chair and posted a photo and confirmed my friends. Now at least they know I still like them and they can see it is me. There was one other person with my name on facebook and she had a photo, and I sure as heck didn't want people thinking that was ME! I added my maiden name so there can be no confusion now. So now I'm there, and I might even figure out how it works one of these days.

In case anyone is reading this because you googled this same facebook problem, my secret for getting past the "done with errors on page" and that stupid yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside of it that was stopping me from seeing facebook, is simply this. It's a pain in the neck, but for some reason it's working for me: in the web address bar, change the http://www.facebook.com to https:// and hit enter. I have to do it every time I change the page, but at least I'm there now!

Betsy, I can't find you, so send me a friend request!

No comments: