Friday, January 30, 2009

Second thoughts

Back during the basement project, we also re-did the stairs leading from the kitchen to the basement with a new banister, new non-light carpet, plaster on the beat-up walls, and paint. I painted the walls the color I was planning to paint the kitchen. It's a celery green color. I love the color. It matches my slippers.

Last week Mark's dad cut out Joel's pinewood derby car. We don't own a saw (other than the chainsaw), and Mark's dad has the ultimate wood shop--complete with a milling machine to make a precise cut for the nail axles to go in. Joel wanted a pick-up truck shape. He sketched it on the wood, and Grandpa went to town. Grandpa thought the truck would look better (he is right) with a recessed bed like a real truck rather than a flat bed. So he used some cool tool to carve out a sweet truck bed. What a nice grandpa.

On the way home, Joel and I had the following conversation:
Joel: Mom, do we have any of that green paint for the kitchen left over?
Me (surprised): Yeah. Do you want to paint your truck THAT color?
Joel: Yeah. I think that is the perfect color for a hillbilly truck.

Does that mean that Behr should rename the color "Hillbilly Truck" rather than "Rejuvenate?" Should I reconsider my kitchen paint choice? I'm a little nervous now. I was planning to paint next weekend.

2 comments:

Batman Forever said...

Ha ha. Hillbilly truck green. The perfect paint color. Don't be nervous though. I love the color. I can't wait to see your kitchen hillbilly truck green. I know when I come to visit I'll feel rejuvenated.

nanadover said...

I LOVE the idea of Hillbilly truck green! (What a cute kid you have!)
Seriously, I love any color of green (even pea green has it's place), so Rejuvenated...Hillbilly truck....no matter what it's called, I bet it's perfect!