Monday, October 17, 2011

Abram the piano man...and baby

I have been going through our old pictures, and I found this one from 2006 of Abram playing the piano with baby Zachary on his lap.
 Immediately I remembered we had this picture of me playing the piano with baby Abram on my lap!
 Abram was always a nut about the piano.  After he learned to crawl, he would crawl over to the piano and pull himself up to reach the keys.  He was determined to play.  He also loved to chew on the piano just where you can see his baby teeth might reach in this picture.  We still have some teethmarks.
When he was a little guy I would push his high chair up to the piano while I played and we would play together.  If I look huge in this picture, it is because I was 8 months pregnant with Aubrey...
Who knew that my little piano buddy would someday become a kid who rocked Rachmaninoff's Prelude #3 and other crazy piano pieces?  I love to hear him play.  Especially George Winston's Carol of the Bells.  I sure will miss his playing when he leaves for college next year.

2 comments:

nanadover said...

What a cute little piano man....and so talented!

troutdalite said...

love hearing Abram play, and love seeing all the vintage pics!!